Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Creating a workflow using excel cell names to input names into sheets1 to sheets10

xspunky
7 - Meteor

I am trying to create a workflow using cells A1 to A10 and having those names in those cells to automate the process of having to input these names into each sheet name. 

For example, cell A1 contains Argentina, and I don't want to manually have to type it into sheet1 as it's name. Does anyone have a good idea what I can do? 

1 REPLY 1
PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @xspunky,

You can bring in the sheet name by selecting the full path option in option 5 in the configuration window, this will allow you to bring in the sheet name. Parse out the sheet name and then you can use this column as the sheet name, then in the output tool shown below, you can replace the file name with the column you created in order to output the data to a specific sheet name. 

Sheet Name.png

Hope this helps, if it does, please like the post and mark it as a solution. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Labels