Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Compare data within the same column

yzanferr
7 - Meteor

Hello,

Can anyone help me with this?

I need to validate data within the same column but with different outputs.

Ex: for John  - validate if the lines described in column "item" match the "Value" column.  

Test A= B, for John, is false. Because 59 is different than 170.

Nameitem Value
JohnA $  59,00
JohnB $170,00
JohnC $  62,00
JohnD $  64,00
JohnE $  81,00
JohnF $  70,00
PeterA $125,00
PeterB $168,00
PeterC $194,00
PeterD $144,00
PeterE $194,00
PeterF $129,00
KlausA $127,00
KlausB $163,00
KlausC $  98,00
KlausD $126,00
KlausE $143,00
KlausF $144,00

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @yzanferr ,

The not so beautiful way to do that without a batch macro is through using an append fields tool.

AngelosPachis_0-1618251029161.png

That will create all combinations between your records, but then you only want to keep those that are like-for-like (comparing John with other values for John). The you can create the flag if the Values match or not.

Hope that helps, let me know if that worked for you.

Cheers,

Angelos

yzanferr
7 - Meteor

Hello Angelos,

It does help, but not completely. The example I gave it's one of the tests, but there are cases where I have to do math operations with the values to see if they match.

For example, verify if A= B*C*12/D,  just as a random example.

There are more than 5000 people to verify and more than 200 items to cross by a person on my list.

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

@yzanferr 

So does that mean that if you bring your data in the following format, you will have more than 5000 records and 200 different columns that you have to use in different formulas?

AngelosPachis_0-1618251838762.png

yzanferr
7 - Meteor

Yes! My data is employee termination data. I have to verify if the correct deductions are made. I have more than 15 tests to perform, some are simple comparisons others are based on equations.

I do not know if a Loop is necessary of with filters is possible. But if I use filter, I do have to know the names.

I would like a solution that would no require me to know the names, but only apply the formulas exactly for every different person

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

I see @yzanferr .

I think providing a larger mock dataset with an example of the type of rules/checks you want to do would make it easier to answer this, as you can see that the original question no longer represents the problem you are facing here 🙂

Cheers,

Angelos

yzanferr
7 - Meteor

Good idea.

I protect some of the data, but what I need is on the attached.

On the "Data" sheet are the data. On the Checking Sheet are the formulas that I need to perform. 

I need to perform the validation for every ID, since the name could match somehow. The formulas that I used on the checking sheet are only valid if I bring only one person to validate.

Labels