Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Changing Detours with Formulas

Peace_B1
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all, 

I am writing a macro that will be an input tool for various sources of data we use (Fare Sales, Fare Earned, Fees Sold, Fees Earned,  Vouchers Issued, Vouchers Used, etc.) I work in the Airline space.

In order to read in data that has differing schema - i have multiple dynamic inputs. I am trying to write a formula action tool for the macro to route the data to the proper dynamic input based on a drop down. 

Below are my drop down options

Peace_B1_0-1659116939577.png

My error is at the detours - this detour should route the data if it is presented with the "PNRURExtract" as its #1 

Peace_B1_1-1659116983417.png

However - it routing everything to the L output no matter what is selected in the dropdown tool.  This is the format of the Action tool.

Peace_B1_2-1659117051553.png

Anyone have any ideas on what i can try?

Thanks, 

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

Try the formula IF !Contains([#1],'PNRUR') THEN 1 ELSE 0 ENDIF

You might need to swap the 1 and 0.  0 is False, 1 is True.

Chris

Peace_B1
6 - Meteoroid

Same result - i actually tried that with "true" and "false" instead of 1  and 0, but that was a good suggestion. Just so weird ive looked through everything possible it seems.

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

Look at the Data Cleansing tool.  There are some Detour examples in that macro.

SPetrie
12 - Quasar

It looks fine to me and when I setup something similar it works.

SPetrie_0-1659157501997.png

SPetrie_1-1659157527083.png

SPetrie_2-1659157612172.png

Double check the action tools formula variables and make sure that #1 is actually the drop down.

SPetrie_3-1659158268675.png

SPetrie_5-1659158347783.png

Are the detours feeding back into an end detour as well?

I cant think of anything other than that that could cause issue.

As an alternative, another route would be to use containers that are turned on/off using the action tools as a method of controlling the flow and what dynamic inputs are active.

Labels