Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Calculation between two dates with AM/PM

mboroto_89
8 - Asteroid

Hi, 

I want to calculate the difference in time(in minutes) between two dates. My dates are as attached

i want to see the total difference in minutes between  Completion_Time and Complete_Before.

If Completion_Time is after the  Complete_Before then return "Late"

if Completion_Time is before the  Complete_Before then return "Early"

The tricky part is with the AM/PM part.

10 REPLIES 10
DataNath
17 - Castor

The following should do the trick @mboroto_89: - have attached the workflow too:

DateTimeDiff(DateTimeParse([Complete_Before], '%d %b %Y %I:%M:%S %p'),DateTimeParse([Completion_Time], '%d %b %Y %I:%M:%S %p'),'minute')

DataNath_0-1652866807533.png

If you just want the raw difference, without negatives, then wrap it in abs(), like so:

abs(DateTimeDiff(DateTimeParse([Complete_Before], '%d %b %Y %I:%M:%S %p'),DateTimeParse([Completion_Time], '%d %b %Y %I:%M:%S %p'),'minute'))

And for the Early/Late flag, you can use:

if DateTimeParse([Completion_Time], '%d %b %Y %I:%M:%S %p') > DateTimeParse([Complete_Before], '%d %b %Y %I:%M:%S %p') then 'Late' else 'Early' endif

DataNath_1-1652867434519.png

AlexEntz
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

here is how I would do it:

AlexEntz_0-1652867491636.png

Workflow is attached as well

mboroto_89
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @DataNath @AlexEntz both solutions work!

Thanks for the swift response..much appreciated.

mboroto_89
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @AlexEntz the new dates will also play a role in my workflow, many thanks!

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@mboroto_89, is another way to solve this problem. I hope this helps!

grazitti_sapna_0-1652868537739.png

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
mboroto_89
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @grazitti_sapna this works as well

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@mboroto_89 , thanks and glad it worked.

Sapna Gupta
mboroto_89
8 - Asteroid

@DataNath @AlexEntz @grazitti_sapna using the Complete Before Column, are we able to get which day of the week this was? e.g Monday/Saturday?

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@mboroto_89  this formula will help, DateTimeFormat([New Value ],"%A"). Just replace new value with the complete_before field. 

grazitti_sapna_0-1652901818268.png

Sapna Gupta
Labels