Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Appending values utilizing two columns

jgarcia0417
7 - Meteor

Hello everyone,

This might be super easy but i can't seem to figure it out.

If column 1 has duplicate values but has a value of Y then all values of column 1 should be Y if it doesn't then it should be N

How can i code that? Formula tool?

Its tricky for me since its dependent off of the data in the second column all while duplicates exist in column 1

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @jgarcia0417,

There are a few ways to do this. What I would do is use a filter to find the Teams with Y. Then Join those teams back on but only Join the Y values from the right. Then the ones which don't join you can just apply "N"

IraWatt_1-1660671844607.png

Any questions or issues please ask

Ira Watt
Technical Consultant
Watt@Bulien.com 

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @jgarcia0417 

How's something like this?

• Summarize tool to concatenate all the values for each team
  • Formula to check if it contains Y and apply your logic

Luke_C_0-1660671981897.png

chukleswk
11 - Bolide

It's really hard to tell what you are trying to accomplish here. It might help if you have an example of what you want the output to look like.

From what I can tell (correct me if I'm wrong), you are if any of those teams has a Y in the column then column 2 for all of that same value should have a Y....otherwise it's a N?

If that's the case, then you can use the following: .

Capture.PNG

jgarcia0417
7 - Meteor

this worked and answered my question thank you IraWatt !

Labels