Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx to Hive write Data Error : Field contains NonAlphanumeric character

Kumar_A
6 - Meteoroid

Good Day, 

I have to write my output data to DataLake using HIVE ODBC connector. This is working fine when I tried with sample data. 

But when trying to write huge data with more columns I'm facing an error with few fields. 

Error : 

The field "Booking_Status" contains nonalphanumeric characters and is not allowed for this datasource. "

I tried renaming the field name without spaces & with underscore but it doesnt help.

Field values has some characters like / ; , ( but these are valid and should not replace or remove those values).  Please guide .Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Kumar_A 
Check if you have any spaces in your field name?

According to the thread below, that was the cause.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Data-Stream-In-Tool-error-field-contai...

Kumar_A
6 - Meteoroid

Yeah I have checked it. But my field name doesn't have any space or non-alphanumeric characters. No luck though

Edu_XGomes
7 - Meteor

Have you been able to solve this? Because I am facing the same question.

Thanks.

Labels