Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Advanced Certification Exam Prep Guide - Practice Question 6

mehulrp
5 - Atom

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Exam-Prep/Advanced-Certification-Exam-Prep-Guide/ta-p/409406

Despite numerous attempts, I am unable to get answer (C) 39.

Was anyone successful in their attempt? Would be curious to review your workflow to understand my error. Currently am getting (A) 34. My workflow attached in case anyone is interested.

5 REPLIES 5
edgarl
8 - Asteroid

Remove your unique tool after the RecordID Tool.

Although there are duplicates on the non RecordID columns, you are not required to filter them out.

These are 2 reported sightings at the same time and location. (Could be by different people)

They key word is reported sightings and not unique sightings.

Use the unique tool at the end instead of your workflow just on Record ID only as you are counting for reported sightings.

Each unique Record ID = 1 reported sighting

Spoiler
edgarl_0-1580254057224.png

jacob_kahn
12 - Quasar

@mehulrp 

Can you please tell me where you got these workflows! I've been preparing for the exam and thought I covered every resource there is on the community; or at least knew what was available!

thank you thank you thank you

Jacob 🙂 

mehulrp
5 - Atom

Create the workflow from scratch as a response to the practice question.

mehulrp
5 - Atom

Thanks. Question finally made sense after seeing your response.

RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

Here's your workflow but with 39 IDs as result. The difference is with Record 391 which overlaps in both location and time with another record (matches with 366 and 392) which results in a duplicate row

Spoiler
UFO sightings debate.png

I removed the unique tool in your portion of the workflow, and I added a second stream lower on the canvas so you can see my approach side by side.

Labels