Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

transforming a date in alteryx

Fiona_Gibson
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

i hope that someone might be able to help me. i have a report which has date data in it, i need to create a new column which has this date represented as YYYY-MM, easy i thought, well so far no luck

i have tried the date time function to convert the data, i have tried using a formula to trim the value and nothing works. for some reason this data whilst looking like a date its not seen as a date in Alteryx, even changing this to a string, no joy the data returned is blank. 

i have tried other date formulas as well and these dont work either, it just seems that this element is not being seen the same as it looks and  im out of ideas,

has anyone come across this before? any suggestions will be appreciated, example input file attached the "date" that needs to be transformed is in the second column - credit creation date,

thank you 

Fiona

7 REPLIES 7
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Fiona_Gibson 

Can you share the formulas you've tried? Is it valid/expected that you have two different date formats in your excel column?

Rana_Kareem
9 - Comet

Hi @Fiona_Gibson ..

Is this the output you want ?

Output.png

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Fiona_Gibson One way of doing this

Screenshot 2023-07-10 184059.png

rohityaman
8 - Asteroid

@Fiona_Gibson  See if this helps.

DateParseFiona.jpg

Fiona_Gibson
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @Rana_Kareem 

yes thats it! how did you do that?

thanks

Fiona

Fiona_Gibson
6 - Meteoroid

@rohityaman 

Honestly that's fantastic! thank you so much for spending time on this, you have been a great help 

thanks again Fiona

Fiona_Gibson
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @binuacs 

thank you for sharing this, I'm going to save this  formula in case i come across this type of problem again - thank you for spending time on this

best wishes

Fiona

Labels