Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

split the header into multiple rows

Dilip2022
7 - Meteor

i have concatenated single row need to be split into three row header. can anyone please help on this. please note: i have multiple columns like this around 200 and above.

12 REPLIES 12
cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

Within alteryx you can only have the one header on the output. But there is a way to output it to excel with multiple headers. The method I use for something like this is to output the main table first and have it start the output on Row 3. Then use a field info tool followed by the Text to Columns on the columns you need split. Then output those starting in Row 1. It will override the other headers and out the new headers in its place. You'll need to use a Block Until Done tool or Control Container as you cant write to the same file with two streams without an error. See screen cap below for the headers.

Main table will output to $A3:E('Last row of data')

Header output for your example would output to Range $C1:E3 (Don't output the field names)

image.pngimage.png

Dilip2022
7 - Meteor

Hi,

thank you so much for your reply. My requirement is little bit different here, not need the text to column headers. i need the text to rows header in single column. can you please share the flow also for better understanding will help me a lot.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus
cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

Attached puts your header across three rows. 

Dilip2022
7 - Meteor

Hi binuacs, 

thank you for your reply, These headers are comes in one row, i need three rows separately as a output and i have 200 and above fields. can you please help on this.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Dilip2022 Do you want to like the below in excel?

image.png

Dilip2022
7 - Meteor

Nope. i have three headers in different rows (cells) in the excel.

Like in the attachment binuacs.

cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

The workflow I posted will do that. You just need to increase the output of the columns to the range of your file. 

Dilip2022
7 - Meteor

@@cjaneczko,

i have added the 2 columns added in the input file, if i take the output, its not changed as per the output. output comes same which you have given in the flow. can you please help me. please find the attachment. Till multirow formula tool its works fine but from cross tab its changed wrongly.

issue_not_solved_1.pngissue_not_solved_2.png

Labels