Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

solved

rippes
6 - Meteoroid

solved

7 REPLIES 7
clmc9601
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @rippes,

What tool are you doing the "group function" in? Can you send screenshots of your tool configuration, data before, and data after this tool? 

rippes
6 - Meteoroid

solved

clmc9601
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @rippes,

Actually you're on the right track! Since you have 5 million records, summarize alphabetized/sorted your stores. So all the products from store 1 are showing up at the top. I would add a sort tool and a sample tool after your summarize. Sort by count descending. Then the sample tool, show first 5/10/100 (whatever you want) products grouped by store. Then you will be able to see the results rather than scrolling through so many records.

Hope this helps!

clmc9601
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Actually the sort tool should have two fields:

store ascending (or descending, doesn't matter)

count descending

rippes
6 - Meteoroid

solved

clmc9601
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

If you want to show only the very top product by store, use the sample tool for this. Like I mentioned above, sort your results and then sample the "First n" and set n=1, grouped by store.

clmc9601
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @rippes,

The best way to resolve your post on the community is to locate the reply that worked for you and click "mark as solution". For the future, you can keep your original posting so that future community members with your same problem can benefit from your resolution! Also I would greatly appreciate if you marked my post as a solution 🙂 solutions are incentive for community members to keep helping

Labels