Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

save a large dataset

Amy18
8 - Asteroid

I am trying to load a large data set into SQL sever. It is with 5 million records. 

I find loading data into SQL sever is extremely slow with Output Tool. Loading data into a Excel sheet is much faster. But excel cannot hold so much records. 

Is there any good way to do it except split the data? 

Thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

How is your connection to the database configured? Try using the SQL Server Bulk Connection.

SQLBulkConnection.png

Amy18
8 - Asteroid

Hi @CharlieS

Can you show me how to use the function? I got an error. Did I do anything wrong? Thanks.

1.PNG

After typing in the user name and password, I gave the name of my table to create. In the end, I still got below error. 

2.PNG

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Amy18

Looking at your first image, you must first select a valid SQL Server Bulk Connection that is already configured on your computer:

BulkConnectorSelect.png

To configure one of these connections, open the ODBC Administrator on your computer, add a new System DSN, and I suggest using the "Native Client" drivers. If you have questions about this step, your company IT professionals should have the necessary info to complete this process.

BulkConnectorAddODBC.png

Labels