Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

"Replace All" not working on designer desktop

cwaletzko
7 - Meteor

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix?  I'm trying to do a simple EDIT > Replace menu,    find / replace all with specific text in my workflow.  It highlights all the results that it finds, but it doesn't apply the replace.  Any ideas would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisTX
16 - Nebula

Use a text editor like Notepad++ on your YXMD file.  Of course create a backup first.

Which version are you using?  Haven't seen that problem before.  Have you tried closing Alteryx completely then re-opening?

Chris

cwaletzko
7 - Meteor

The Notepad++ find/replace did succesfully make the changes as a workaround.  But, I don't know why it wouldn't work in the Alteryx designer.  It appears to replace everything when attempting to do the find/replace, but no changes are made.  Please advise if other users are experiencing this issue as well.  Thanks!!

Alteryx Designer x64
Version: 2023.1.1.336 Patch: 5

cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

You could use a MultiField Tool and use the following.

replace([_CurrentField_],'_2023','_Prior_Year')

Edit: I didn't realize you are updating comments and configurations as well. This would only work with data in the workflow. 

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels