Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

"Different Schema" warning

jaydelim16
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I have 4 files (Classroom A.xlsx, Classroom B.xlsx, Classroom C.xlsx, Classroom D.xlsx) with similar Sheet name and column headers, but the first and last column have a different Type in each file (some are V_String and others are Double). Therefore, when I use the Wildcard function to input all at once, only 2 of the 4 files get loaded. The other 2 get a "different schema" error and are skipped.

Goal: I want all 4 files to load and I want the first and last column to read as V_String for all 4 files. 

While this example is only using 4 files, my actual dataset contains 100+ files so my understanding from reading other posts is I should use a Batch Macro.  I dragged the Control Parameter tool onto my canvas and linked it to my Input Tool, then I need help with the next steps.

jaydelim16_0-1631732337102.png

Q1:  In the Interface Designer Mode, what should I select under "Select an action type:"?

jaydelim16_2-1631733945615.png

Q2:  What should I do after selecting "Auto Configure by Name (Wait Until All Iterations Run)"?  [If that's in fact the right setting to choose]

jaydelim16_1-1631733850302.png

Q3:  I need step by step guidance from there (I am confused how to actually apply the macro to the input tool and get the desired output).  Screenshots much appreciated, thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
jaydelim16
7 - Meteor

Awesome this worked great - I appreciate you for pointing me to the right article!

Labels