Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

join sheets with diff schema and join all columns

hi2019
6 - Meteoroid

HI, 

I cannot figure out the batch macro to join these 3 sheets within these 5 reports that do not have the same schema /columns.

I need to join 5 reports, each report has 6 sheets but I only need 3 of those sheets joined by  unique identifier by control_number, and ALSO I want to join all the columns (does not have all the same columns on each sheet.)

I have attached dummy data 

thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Armon24
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @hi2019 

Try the CReW Wildcard xlsx input macro. Chaosreignswithin.com has the help you need. 

This link can help you get started: https://www.thedataschool.co.uk/laura-peterson/easter-week Hope this helps. 

koppenhe
7 - Meteor

Hi @hi2019 , how about the attached? There's two macros, one to bring in the sheet names (which you can filter on). The second brings in all the data. You can then parse the columns as needed via the break.

hi2019
6 - Meteoroid

It didnt let me open it due to you have the newer version :/

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

What version are you on?

hi2019
6 - Meteoroid

hi2019
6 - Meteoroid

It doesnt apply to excel?

hi2019
6 - Meteoroid

Is there any other way besides this way? 

koppenhe
7 - Meteor

@hi2019 when you open the packaged workflow I provided you will get an error message stating the workflow was created in a newer version. You should be able to click yes to open the packaged workflow anyway. Does the workflow not open at all for you?

Labels