Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

incorporation of optional fields in macro

Vivek007ktd
7 - Meteor

Hi, I 'm working on a macro and trying to incorporate additional fields in the output. I have developed a logic to map 4 additional fields in the macro but, I'm not able map to less than 4 optional fields. Is there any way to map only the field 'ABC' & 'DEF'  as optional field 01 & Optional field 02 and keep the remaining 2 fields unmapped? Currently the macro is throwing error If I try to map less than 4 optional fields. Thanks in advance.

Vivek007ktd_0-1686477559816.png

4 REPLIES 4
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Vivek007ktd ,

when you define the fields in your macro input, name them with (optional) s a suffix. 

EmployeeID (optional) 

that is the TRYX. 

cheers,

mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Vivek007ktd
7 - Meteor

Thanks @MarqueeCrew for the help. It is working :)

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Vivek007ktd ,

I wonder if that's even documented. I don't recall how I learned it. I'm even more amazed how much I know. But I'm certain that I've forgotten plenty.  I don't even recall what I had for breakfast. 

cheers,

mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Vivek007ktd
7 - Meteor

@MarqueeCrew  However your learning helped me to fix an issue in the macro. I can recall what I had from morning till night since I'm following a diet 😁, But difficult to recall alteryx tips and tricks. Documenting such learnings are good for future reference.

PS - I subscribed your channel. Expecting macro development contents in your channel and wishing you all the best 🙂

Labels