Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

iF/SUMIF FUNCTION AND MULTI JOIN

Jenina
8 - Asteroid

Hi Community,

In my Inventory file, there are 2 source columns of the correct inventory. I need to find the 4 character word so I used the IF LEN formula in Excel and it will give me the correct inventory. I am having difficulties on how to do that in Alteryx.

Then once I found the correct Inventory, I will lookup the inventory from Inventory file to Summary worksheet. My lookup value is the concatenated Account unit with currency. 

Then I will get the coupon amount from Coupon file also based on Inventory per currency, I used the sumifs formula.

Attached is the sample files and highlighted formula. Thank you for the help!

5 REPLIES 5
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Jenina One way of doing this

image.png

Jenina
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs  Thanks! However, I am getting more than 100 records in output in join, I did exactly what's in your example. Do I need to put a formula in description? 

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Jenina are you using the same input files you provided or different input files? Make sure the joining keys are not having duplicate records, if they do have duplicate records then you will get more records than expected

Jenina
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs I attached the Input I used, I didn't find any duplicates, also I need to sumif the coupon amount per INV under a certain currency. Looks like I am missing something. 

Jenina
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs I think I know what I missed, should've summarize the coupon data to get the total Sum. Thank you!

Labels