Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

how to transpose dynamic columns array into rows

shivshankar
6 - Meteoroid

Input 

Idemailoffice_0_locationoffice_0_phoneoffice_1_locationoffice_1_phone
1abc@email.comaddress1123456address2456652

need the output in this format.

Idemaillocationphone
1abc@email.comaddress1123456
1abc@email.comaddress2456652
5 REPLIES 5
dsandmann
8 - Asteroid

Hi -

What you're looking for can be accomplished using the arrange tool (assuming there is a set number of locations/phones)

shivshankar
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks, this works fine with static columns.

But office_[index]_location and office_[index]_phone are dynamic columns, it may have more columns based on the input data.

Could you please help me to resolve this issue.

office_0_locationoffice_0_phoneoffice_1_locationoffice_1_phoneoffice_2_locationoffice_2_phone
shivshankar
6 - Meteoroid

But office_[index]_location and office_[index]_phone are dynamic columns, it may have more columns based on the input data.

office_0_locationoffice_0_phoneoffice_1_locationoffice_1_phoneoffice_2_locationoffice_2_phone
dsandmann
8 - Asteroid

Hi- 

This update should help address that. Just does a transpose, splits the names, and then joins back on record position before checking to make sure that at least one of the location/phone columns has a value. If you send multiple workers through but they have differing numbers of locations/phones it will present nulls for the ones with less.

shivshankar
6 - Meteoroid

But office_[index]_location and office_[index]_phone are dynamic columns, it may have more columns based on the input data.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels