Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

how to transpose dynamic columns array into rows

shivshankar
6 - Meteoroid

Input 

Idemailoffice_0_locationoffice_0_phoneoffice_1_locationoffice_1_phone
1abc@email.comaddress1123456address2456652

need the output in this format.

Idemaillocationphone
1abc@email.comaddress1123456
1abc@email.comaddress2456652
5 REPLIES 5
dsandmann
8 - Asteroid

Hi -

What you're looking for can be accomplished using the arrange tool (assuming there is a set number of locations/phones)

shivshankar
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks, this works fine with static columns.

But office_[index]_location and office_[index]_phone are dynamic columns, it may have more columns based on the input data.

Could you please help me to resolve this issue.

office_0_locationoffice_0_phoneoffice_1_locationoffice_1_phoneoffice_2_locationoffice_2_phone
shivshankar
6 - Meteoroid

But office_[index]_location and office_[index]_phone are dynamic columns, it may have more columns based on the input data.

office_0_locationoffice_0_phoneoffice_1_locationoffice_1_phoneoffice_2_locationoffice_2_phone
dsandmann
8 - Asteroid

Hi- 

This update should help address that. Just does a transpose, splits the names, and then joins back on record position before checking to make sure that at least one of the location/phone columns has a value. If you send multiple workers through but they have differing numbers of locations/phones it will present nulls for the ones with less.

shivshankar
6 - Meteoroid

But office_[index]_location and office_[index]_phone are dynamic columns, it may have more columns based on the input data.

Labels