Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
GELÖST

help needed with conditional formatting based on column name

Mond
Asteroid

Is there a way to create a rule to dynamically activate when additional columns enter the table if they have a specific suffix? for example:

My table has columns of Data and then math done on that data so if say i have Col1 i will also have Col1_math. Can i make conditional formatting apply dynamically when col2, col3, etc. enter my table with their respective _math columns? 

I want to make a dynamic column rule that checks if the column name has _math then apply conditional formatting to the data in that column. I've tried clicking on dynamic or unknown columns and creating a rule on [_current field_] but it's not working. I can't manually adjust each time as columns change depending on who's running the data for which information they want.

Really stuck here.

Edit: attached spreadsheet with the problem. I have say 3 col and 3 calcs that i know of to do conditional formatting on. However, there are 3 more cols and maths to be done in the future. How can I get Alteryx to dynamically add conditional formatting to the calc columns only if they are dynamically added?

5 ANTWORTEN 5
rzdodson
Quasar

@Mond would you be able to provide a sample workbook or workflow to take a look at?

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

It will be great if you can provide:

1. Sample data
  2. Your expected Output
  3. Nice-to-haves in your workflow
  4. Any other logic processes to be accounted for

Then we can assist you better in your query.

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
Mond
Asteroid

@rzdodson @caltang  I added a workbook with data. Essentially you can take one of the col sets to be there previously and any other col sets are new ones that might come in the future. i am trying to figure out if i can filter on _math columns apply conditional formatting and then re-join them together with the non conditionally formatted columns.

Mond
Asteroid

seems this is a good option... but it's very technical, i need to figure it out... Solved: Re: Highlight cells that = 'No' across whole workb... - Alteryx Community

Mond
Asteroid

I've been able to figure this out using the above mentioned solution. it takes a bit of work, but it does work. will mark that as the solution.

Beschriftungen