Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

create repeating rows but only one column value is incrementing

HeadBanger
8 - Asteroid

I'm trying to create something similiar to partial match using vlookup.  I want to generate additional rows showing a value for a fiscal week since the last record.  

This is what i currently have

HeadBanger_0-1609352076740.png

I've attached what I would like to have since it won't let me paste it here.

I've tried to generate rows but I'm not sure how to influence the change based on the Original Retail column.  I'm sure its simple but all I can find in the community seems a lot more complicated or not to my application since I'm referencing a non date column.  

I also have a table so that it can reference to get the fiscal weeks in between price changes.

Happy New Year!

14 REPLIES 14
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @HeadBanger ,

The issue with my solution that caused that discrepancy of 1 week was that I have not lined up the dates with ISO standards. If you see below, the 31st of January 2018 was mistakenly taken to be week 53 of 2018, whilst it should be week 1 of 2019.

Screenshot 2020-12-31 075808.jpg

That's what was offsetting everything by a week. I have amended that in the workflow attached, so give it a try if you don't mind and let me know if it worked for you.

Concerning your second point, if I understand correctly, do you want to make the 01 of Feb the beginning of the year? So 01 Feb 2019 would be Wk 01 instead of Wk 05?

Regards,

Angelos

HeadBanger
8 - Asteroid

Hi @AngelosPachis ,

Yes this worked.  Here is link to Retail Calendar for your reference.  

https://nrf.com/resources/4-5-4-calendar

The way you have it designed right now, it doesn't line up with retail calendar  (Effective_date vs Monday of that week column ) is about a month off.

HeadBanger_0-1609438451902.png

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

@HeadBanger 

So for Wk 49 2018, you want the Monday of that week to be the 7th of Jan 2019 instead of the 3rd of Dec 2018? Is that correct?

Would you need those changes to be applied in the workflow? Or the manual lookup provided by @arundhuti726 was enough and our conversation is more academic?

Regards,

Angelos

HeadBanger
8 - Asteroid

@AngelosPachis  sorry for not responding sooner.  Yes the solution provided by @Tyro_abc  works for me and no other help is needed.

I was just trying to line up your method with the retail fiscal calendar that starts in Feb.  Every year it is different so it would be a bit tedious to use your approach based on dates.  

Thanks for your help again on this and look forward to working with you in the future.

Happy New Year,

Sam

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Happy New Year Sam ( @HeadBanger )

Thanks for your response, looking forward to work with you in the future too.

Angelos

Labels