Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

comma to separate values missing

Eve_3658
5 - Atom

Hi

When i convert the data input from alteryx to CSV.  The " " (highlighted in bold  below example) has disappear when i open  the csv via notepad.  May i know how to put it back in alteryx

ID,NAME,AGE
"23434","Norris, Chuck","24"
"34343","Bond, James ""master""","57"
6 REPLIES 6
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@Eve_3658 
I think it has something to do with the "Quota Output Fields" option in the Output tool.
Can you try with different options?

0502-Eve_3658.png

Eve_3658
5 - Atom

Hi What about only certain quote output should be in csv file? Is there any way  to solve? Cos i try our data to upload vendor website without all the quote output, they can't upload.

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@Eve_3658 
Can you give us the sample of your input and desired output?
I am sure we can make it work somehow.

Eve_3658
5 - Atom

Hi 

Address is input file. 1 address is desired output file when open via notepad as i have indicated manually on the  " " in the file when you open via notepad. Thanks

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@Eve_3658 
I interprete you want the " " for each data?

If yes, then it is the option as I have shown in last reply.

0503-Eve_3658.PNG

Eve_3658
5 - Atom

No. Not all data need “ “. Workday Id no need “ “.  After SG need “ “, postal code need “ “. If you see my notepad I din add all “” in the data as not all data need “ “ which I mentioned previously. Only certain data need “ “

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels