Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

altreyx formula

chiragpatel_1
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have this following formula form tableau but  I'm trying to apply it to altreyx, as I'm fairly new and due to time constraint, what would the altreyx formula me please?

[Report Date (Tableau)] is a field from tableau of course but when I try to replace that with the relevant field ([Report Date2]) in altreyx it is not being picked up, assuming  that is because the other function are not altreyx based.

chiragpatel_1_0-1654092797708.png

Thank you in advance

6 REPLIES 6
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@chiragpatel_1 The datetime functions for alteryx is slightly different compared to tableau. you can refer the below datetime functions in Alteryx change your formula accordingly

DateTime Functions | Alteryx Help

chiragpatel_1
8 - Asteroid

Thanks, That is where I Initially looked but It ended up confusing me and complicating things further so decided to post it on here. Bit short on time that's all.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@chiragpatel_1 Can you provide the formula in a text format

chiragpatel_1
8 - Asteroid

Here you go and thank you

(
IF
ISOWEEKDAY(today())=1
date

THEN
(
YEAR(DATEADD('day',-3,today()))=YEAR([Report Date (Tableau)])
AND MONTH(DATEADD('day',-3,today()))=MONTH([Report Date (Tableau)])
)

ELSE
(
YEAR(DATEADD('day',-1,today()))=YEAR([Report Date (Tableau)])
AND MONTH(DATEADD('day',-1,today()))=MONTH([Report Date (Tableau)])
)
END
)

chiragpatel_1
8 - Asteroid

any luck?, is it one of those tricky things 

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@chiragpatel_1 I just converted the appropriate datetime function but the formula will not work because I think it is not in proper alteryx format. For example the below statement is not correct 

DateTimeYear(DateTimeAdd(DateTimeToday(),-3,'day')=DateTimeYear([Report Date (Tableau)])

Can you provide some sample data and expected output result ? 

(
IF
ToNumber(DateTimeFormat(DateTimeToday(),'%w'))=1

THEN
(
DateTimeYear(DateTimeAdd(DateTimeToday(),-3,'day')=DateTimeYear([Report Date (Tableau)])
AND DateTimeMonth(DateTimeAdd(DateTimeToday(),-3,'day'))=DateTimeMonth([Report Date (Tableau)])
)

ELSE
(
DateTimeYear(DateTimeAdd(DateTimeToday(),-1,'day')=DateTimeYear([Report Date (Tableau)])
AND DateTimeMonth(DateTimeAdd(DateTimeToday(),-1,'day')=DateTimeMonth([Report Date (Tableau)])
)
ENDIF
)

Labels