Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

XLS file does not output all columns/names of columns

jcardoso
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

the attached XLS file does not output all columns/names of columns. A print screen is attached with the issue. Basically, it outputs the column values, but does not output the column names, which are important later.

I have tried several config formats, read some solutions in here like selecting the table, but none of them sorted it. 
The input file path will have to go through a Dynamic Input dev tool. That is the original config.

jcardoso_0-1685119700153.png

Thank you,

11 REPLIES 11
geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@jcardoso 

I don't know how you are developing excel, but to merge columns it is necessary to use the report tools

geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@jcardoso 

the columns that are not being imported is because it is formatted in excel as numeric.

formatting the entire worksheet as a general format, the import is correct.

follow an example workflow

jcardoso
8 - Asteroid

@geraldo 
Thank you for this, although, your solution might work for some columns, but not all, as even when formatting, for example, column names like "Netbooks", "Tablet PC", "Workstations","Servers PC/Mac" and their subsequent columns are not coming out with their names.

We are not developing excel or merging columns, this is a plain open .xls file with Alteryx.

Thank you,

geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@jcardoso 

I really don't understand what your need is.

I opened excel and tried to reproduce the formatted columns to Alteryx.
I hope you find an answer to your need.

These lines you want to appear?
Total W.EUROPE
Total CEE (addition of CE +CA)
Total MEA (addition of ME + A)
Total EMEA (adition of WE+ CEE+MEA)
Total CE
Total ME
Total CA
Total A
Total O

jcardoso
8 - Asteroid

@geraldo 

lines 10,11 in the raw file are not showing up complete, as their values are somehow hidden or not showing up in the final result. 

So, ideally, a table like the one highlighted below,

Thank you

jcardoso_1-1686058489765.png

jcardoso_2-1686059644241.png

geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@jcardoso 

Sorry, I can't understand.
I'm sending a new workflow reading the excel that you passed by putting a select tool at the end to order the columns. If it is not the reading base, please send the file.

jcardoso
8 - Asteroid

@geraldo 

to see if we manage to get it right, the output columns of the workflow provided are below:

jcardoso_0-1686064240451.png

Where are the columns like  "Netbooks", "Tablet PC", "Workstations","Servers PC/Mac" and subsequent columns for Consumer/Commercial in Netbooks and WorkStations as in the raw file? 

That is the question, have no other file than the one attached initially,
Regards,

geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@jcardoso 

Did you check this new file I sent you? 

xlsfile2.yxmd
jcardoso
8 - Asteroid

@geraldo  yes,
but the result is the same, right after opening the file at Open file tool, rows 9/10  are missing some values, marked in red with what would be their value if they were present

jcardoso_0-1686124078714.png

Labels