Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Workflow to generate automatic Email notifications to users with Attachments

SubbuSharma
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I would need help in building a workflow that helps me with the following...

- Downloads a PDF copy in the name of the users or email id

- data in the pdf should contain row 1 (this is column names and should be there in all the copies) and the subsequent rows should contain details pertaining to specific email ID 

- Email the pdf copy (above mentioned) to the respective email id and to their respective managers  

- Email must contain subject and some message in the body

- Emailing of PDF copies would have to go on 14th of every month

- could there be a formula for this?

I have attached a dummy report which contains column names, dummy user names & their email IDs for your reference.

Much thanks for your patience and help on this.

Thanks

Subbu

3 REPLIES 3
wwatson
12 - Quasar

The render tool in the reporting suite can create a PDF from the inputs and save it to a folder. 

The Email tool in the reporting suite can email the pdf as an attachment.

I would recommend going through the Reporting training in the Academy Interactive lessons to get up to speed on using the reporting tools in Alteryx for this sort of requirement.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/tkb-p/interactive-lessons/label-name/Reporting%...

On server you can schedule a workflow to run monthly.

SubbuSharma
8 - Asteroid

thank you, this is really helpful. After going through interactive lessons, all the reporting tools seems to be straight forward.

I shall get back to you if I get stuck anywhere in the process.

have a good one!

wwatson
12 - Quasar

can you accept the solution?

Labels