Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Workflow Help

fabrizio
7 - Meteor

Hello, 

Help needed on reconciling BB to AA based on quantity and character. The reconciliation will be on a 1/1, 1/multiple, multiple/multiple basis. The unique key identifying both sides is the ID. The output file should only have matching values. Thank you!

27 REPLIES 27
ponraj
13 - Pulsar

Possible to share sample output ?

fabrizio
7 - Meteor

Please find attached sample output. It should only return date and character for BB matching AA. Thanks!

ponraj
13 - Pulsar

Here is the sample workflow for your case.  Hope this is helpful. 

WorkflowWorkflowResultsResults

fabrizio
7 - Meteor

HI Ponraj,

Thank you for your input! Can you please explain to me why you chose to use the cross tab tool?

ponraj
13 - Pulsar

I used cross tab tool to aggregate(To calculate sum) quantities of AA and BB ID wise and to position sum of AA and BB as two separate column values. Reconciliation will be easy if we have AA and BB quantities in  two separate column against each unique ID. 

Crosstab.PNG

fabrizio
7 - Meteor

Thanks Ponraj! Let's say instead of AA and BB I had Only in Mum_House for AA and Only in Dad_House for BB. What expression will I use in the filter tool? Try using it within inverted commas and parentheses but it did not work.

Thanks

ponraj
13 - Pulsar

Expression should be  [Mum_House]=[Dad_House]

If it is not working, just share the sample data. Will help you with the workflow. 

fabrizio
7 - Meteor

Hi Ponraj,

Please find attached sample data. Thanks

ponraj
13 - Pulsar

Hi Fabrizio,

Here is the sample workflow for your case.

WorkflowWorkflowResultsResults

Labels