Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

When order by, there is error message "invalid calculation: Division by 0"

jennyaster93
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I have a question about error message "invalid calculation: Division by 0". I had made divisor "null if it is zero" and it is okay and I can get decent result. But when I order by field name then, the error message will show up. Any ideas about how to fix this? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
DanS
9 - Comet

Hello, 

Could you post an example of your workflow with dummy data (or anything non-proprietary) to show where the error is happening? 

Thanks,

Dan

jennyaster93
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Dan,

Thank you for reply. Sorry I cannot give any dummy data at this point but i will try to explain the context. I am doing all the calculations and sorting within in-DB tool. The division exist when I need to calculate rate so I use null if zero function to selected divisor so that I can make sure there is no 0 divided. It works fine and I can be given decent result. But When I try to order by ID and date, it shows error message about "division by 0".

jennyaster93
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, 

I fixed the problem. I miss one step using NULLIFZERO() which is divisor. Still thx for your reply.

Labels