Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Week start on Monday

Ronal_bal
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I'm trying to get Monday of every weeks date to be the week in a year.

In the example below,
Record 2 has 2022-06-07-week 23 which is Tuesday. The same continues until the 2022-06-09.

But I need the output has 2022-06-06 week-23 for that Tuesday. Where 2022-06-06 is Monday and beginning of the week.

Screenshot 2022-06-22 111150.png

9 REPLIES 9
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Ronal_bal,

Here is a simple workflow which achieves that:

IraWatt_0-1655911431858.png

Probably could do this in one multi row formula but would be difficult to explain.

Any questions or issues please ask :)
HTH!
Ira

DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @Ronal_bal, what was wrong with the solution here? https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/dates-to-be-represented-as-week-dates/...

Seems to fit the requirement, with the 'Final output' field. You could just rename that to be 'Week in Year'.

Ronal_bal
8 - Asteroid

That solution is good. But I'm now trying to figure out the week start date to fit for other dates in the same week.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Ronal_bal,

If you have the time series tools you can do something like this:

IraWatt_0-1655912106598.png

Ronal_bal
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the solution. Much appreciated. If you don't mind the can you provide the same solution using single multi-row formula?

DataNath
17 - Castor

Not sure I understand - if you look at the solution, I provided an entire week (2022-06-06 through 2022-06-12) and in the 'Final Output' field, they're all 2022-06-06 i.e. the start of the week.

DataNath_0-1655912499781.png

Ronal_bal
8 - Asteroid

Apologize, I don't have the final output  in the formula of the solution you provided

DataNath
17 - Castor

Ah wow, turns out I forgot to save it @Ronal_bal - sorry! Attached.

cngclayton
5 - Atom

@DataNath Exactly the solution I've been looking for the past 30 minutes!

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels