Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Variable output location in excel file

stellar
5 - Atom

Hello Designers,

I hope this is not a repeat as I searched for it pretty hard but maybe I am using wrong keywords.  I have a headcount report that I am automating.  Every month this report is run and certain fields are added into the main report.  Is there any way to have a variable output location in an excel file that will change each month. 

So for example using the image below I need a certain set of data to be sent into DJ11 for March.  For April I need the report to send the data into cell DK11, June into cell DL11 etc.  So basically is there a way that the output can change based on which month I run it or possibly to just shift one cell each time it is run?

1 REPLY 1
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@stellar 
I can not really send the date to specific cell, but I tried to read all then update the specific cell then write it back.

0318-stellar.PNG

Labels