We’ve extended Inspire Early Bird Pricing until March 1. Register now and enjoy 20% off conference passes and 10% off training passes. P.S. Don’t forget to bring friends! When you sign up for five or more tickets, you get an extra 20% discount on conference passes. Learn more now.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Validation error when publishing workflow with FTP Upload Macro.

David_G
6 - Meteoroid

Hello guys,

I'm working on a workflow to produce a csv file and then upload it to a ftp server.

I'm using this tool (tool #51) : Ftp Upload Macro 

ftp_validation_error.png

The workflow runs fine in designer but a validation error occurs when i publish it on alteryx server :

[Fichier contacts.yxmd] Tool -1 - Tool #51: Tool #1: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
RuntimeError Traceback (most recent call last)
 in
----> 7 param = Alteryx.read("#1")
 8 host = param.values[0][1]
 9 username = param.values[1][1]
c:\program files\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\jupytertool_venv\lib\site-packages\ayx\export.py in read(incoming_connection_name, debug, **kwargs)
 33 When running the workflow in Alteryx, this function will convert incoming data streams to pandas dataframes when executing the code written in the Python tool. When called from the Jupyter notebook interactively, it will read in a copy of the incoming data that was cached on the previous run of the Alteryx workflow.
 34 """
---> 35 return __CachedData__(debug=debug).read(incoming_connection_name, **kwargs)
c:\program files\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\jupytertool_venv\lib\site-packages\ayx\CachedData.py in read(self, incoming_connection_name)
 304 try:
 305 # get the data from the sql db (if only one table exists, no need to specify the table name)
--> 306 data = db.getData()
 307 # print success message
 308 print("".join(["SUCCESS: ", msg_action]))
c:\program files\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\jupytertool_venv\lib\site-packages\ayx\Datafiles.py in getData(self, data, metadata)
 498 if data is None:
 499 # read in data as a list of numpy ndarrays
--> 500 data = self.connection.read_nparrays()
# check if data is a list of numpy structs
 502 elif isinstance(data, list) and all(
RuntimeError: DataWrap2WrigleyDb::GoRecord: Attempt to seek past the end of the file

If I'm missing something, please let me know.

cheers,

David.

1 REPLY 1
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @David_G 

This appears to be an error in the python routines when you try to pass 0 records to an input.  Check out this post for a couple of possible solutions

In your specific case, you can add a Message tool to count the number of records going into the download macro.  The output will show up in the results of the workflow before the error.

Dan

Labels