Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

V_String field not contained in the record

cwoo
8 - Asteroid

Hi

I created a simple field which is a concatenation of two V_String  fields, which then gets used to append a field from a different data source.  

cwoo_0-1623099581180.png

cwoo_1-1623099642881.png

When I run this in a designer, I don't have any issues but when I run it on a company gallery, I get the following error message: 

cwoo_2-1623099708357.png

Can someone please explain why I am getting this error msg when trying to run this workflow on a gallery?

Thanks,

Christine

4 REPLIES 4
chinta
7 - Meteor

Hi Christine, 

Why haven't you preferred a 'Formula' tool instead of multi-row tool? Just curious. In these situations (works locally, errors on gallery), I prefer to add an Output tool with yxdb format. This yxdb file will provide the Multi-row tool output wherein you get a clarity of the missing variable. Hope this suggestion helps you fix the issue. Good Luck!

Best,

PKC

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @cwoo ,

can you please provide your workflow so we can help?

M.

Bulien

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @cwoo 

Just a thought here, but try taking the "&" out of your field name.  Replace it with "and".  Workflows are stored as xml files and it's possible that the "&" is being translated to & at some point in the process of moving it to the gallery

Dan 

cwoo
8 - Asteroid

@chinta Simply using the formula tool instead of the Multi-row tool did the job. Thank you!

Christine

Labels