Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Using regex to separate data into multiple columns

satya04
8 - Asteroid

I want to understand segment share of China but the data format is a bit different here. For instance, United States: 43,750.0 (46.2%);
China: 21,446.0 (22.6%); Other International: 29,549.0 (31.2%) is shared.

I am trying to use column F (Geographic Segments (Screen by Sum) (Details): Revenue ($USDmm, Historical rate) [LTM]) to obtain only the records where there is a reference to China, Asia, Asia Pacific, and APAC. 

I would like to have the country name China and the corresponding revenue and percentage share in 2 adjacent columns. Is this possible with the approach I have taken? I am not getting the required result. Please guide me on this.

1 REPLY 1
cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

Hi @satya04 

Check if this helps ....

• I changed the Input tool (just to a relative path so I could open the Excel file)
  • I changed the RegEx expression to extract the USD value
  • Added a Formula tool to remove the comma and format the percentage value properly
  • the Select tool can now change the USD field to a Double
  • changed the filter to the filter the values you require.

Labels