Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Using radio button and want to collapse different output options on the interface

BillyL14
8 - Asteroid

Hi 

I am trying to make an app using radio buttons and file browses.

Basically, I make certain reports for certain countries.

So far I have made an app where I have one input and 4 different containers, each connected to a radio button so that if for example, I choose China, then Russia, UK and USA sections of the workflows will collapse and it will only run the China section.

That part seems to be working fine for me, but I am not sure how to configure the outputs. 

I am trying to use a browse+action tool so that there is an option to save the file the workflow generates. 

I am trying to configure the interface and I don't want there to be an option for saving Russia report if I did not choose to run Russia. I have found out myself that you can't put interface tools in a container that collapses.

I have mocked up a small app with two containers and file browses on the outputs. If I choose "average", is there any way to make the option to save "sum" not show on the interface and vice versa?

Thanks a lot

3 REPLIES 3
messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hello @BillyL14 ,

Hope the attached workflow will help.

I added the condition to the output

messi007_0-1604416530184.png

And changed the interface output in the same place when you select the radio button.

You can keep the interface as it's as well and it will work.

messi007_1-1604416627183.png

Regards,

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You can use Text Input tool as the FilePath. 

AkimasaKajitani_0-1604416668376.png

At Output data tool, you have to set  "Take File/Table Name From Field" option and specify "Change Entire File Path".

AkimasaKajitani_1-1604416770312.png

Please refer attached file.

BillyL14
8 - Asteroid

@AkimasaKajitani @messi007 thanks to both, both work nicely

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels