Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Using interface tool to update date in Filter tool

kas
8 - Asteroid

Hello All,

Certain this is just me being blind and missing something;

Just trying to update the dates in a filter tool. See my set up below - what did I miss??

End date configuration is the same with the exception that the "End date" value is selected.

kas_2-1660773234199.png

kas_4-1660773601826.pngkas_5-1660773637752.png

Thank you in advance,

Kim

7 REPLIES 7
DataNath
17 - Castor

Are you getting a specific error @kas? Can you share your workflow? Unless I'm also missing something obvious, this set up looks like it should update the filter just fine when you run the app.

kas
8 - Asteroid

Hello @DataNath 

No error, just no data results - even though if I were to run it for those dates not using the interface tool, there is data.

DataNath
17 - Castor

Ok @kas, so the issue comes when actually running the app? If you go into the Interface Designer (Ctrl+Alt+D), do you have anything selected to display on successful run of the app/workflow? Simplest method is just using a browse tool at the end of your workflow or wherever you want to show the results and make sure that is ticked in there.

DataNath_1-1660776707107.png

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@kas 
It seems your configuration is correct. Kindly compare with my sample

0818-kas.PNG

kas
8 - Asteroid

@DataNath 

Tried that, with no results, even added a browse right after my initial input tool that is before the filter tool, no data when I use the interface, data when I run it normal. Seems I have something else going one unrelated to the setup of my tools.

Thank you for trying to help, will reach out to Alteryx support.

@Qiu - thank you for looking at the problem.

DataNath
17 - Castor

Ok very weird, no problem @kas.

I'd imagine it's something that can be diagnosed but support can't hurt. One final thing I'd suggest is using the test view, setting some values and hitting 'Open Debug' - this will open a workflow with the chosen values populated, basically showing what is under the hood if you were to run the app with those values. This will show whether or not your Interface tools are actually changing the filter values as expected and can maybe help diagnose as well.

DataNath_0-1660778051428.png

DataNath_1-1660778074430.png

kas
8 - Asteroid

@DataNath 

Thanks again for your time!

Gave that a try, no data after the filter tool but data in the tools before it.

Kim

Labels