Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Using Min and Max date from one Data Source

anom23
7 - Meteor

Hello, 

I have in interesting problem where I want to use the Min and Max date from my data to create an output name.  However I have two data sources with different dates but I want to use the Min and Max date from file A instead of file B.  When I union the files together, my output creates two separate files instead of 1.  Has anyone encountered an issue like this before?  Please see below at an example of how the initial files would appear in Alteryx. 

File A

Acct NumberReasonAmountStatusMin Status Change DateMax Status Change Date
11111111.1$100Paid6/21/20227/4/2022

File B

Acct NumberReasonAmountStatusMin Status Change DateMax Status Change Date
222221.2$50Paid4/11/20225/11/2022

End Result I am looking to achieve after both files have been unioned.

Test_06_21_2022 to 07_04_2022_Accounting.xls

3 REPLIES 3
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Just get the min and max dates from file A with a summarize tool and then append it after the union. That way you will have a consistent min and max date on every row. 

anom23
7 - Meteor

Wow...I am not sure why I didn't think about it that way but thank you.  It works perfectly!!

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

The thing to remember is that although a workflow is linear in nature and goes left to right, you can use data elements at any stage of your workflow downstream as well! Glad to help!

Labels