Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Using Action Tool to update Input Data Tool

maurrreen
7 - Meteor

I am trying to make an app to change the numbers in the path of my input data. But the file doesn't change when I run the app. Do you have any suggestions?

maurrreen_0-1653421345967.png

12 REPLIES 12
kuoshihyang
7 - Meteor

Hi Maureen, this is a fairly typical use case but try the following troubleshooting steps to help you figure out what's going on.....

1. In your Input Data Tool turn on the Output File Name as Field option, set it to Full Path.

kuoshihyang_0-1653429848612.png

2. Then Add a Browse tool at the end of your workflow, go to the Interface Designer and make sure you show your results of your browser tool.

kuoshihyang_1-1653429871084.png

3. Then run your App and put in a number and your output should include a FileName with the file path:

Results when I pass in the number 1

kuoshihyang_2-1653430089094.png

Results when I pass in the number 2

kuoshihyang_3-1653430146407.png

See if following this helps with your troubleshooting. 

Please note: I'm assuming that the folders and files you are referencing exist when you pass in your numbers.

Cheers!

maurrreen
7 - Meteor

Thank you, kuoshihyang! I will try that tomorrow.

maurrreen
7 - Meteor

Thank you! That made it work!

I have been trying to figure this out for a while.

Labels