Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Using 2 data sets with no common fields to create a new column using IF statements

sureslala
7 - Meteor

Hello

I have 2 separate data sets with no common fields between them and I want to create a new column in the first data set using 'IF Statements' referencing the second data set. 

In the excel sheet attached, highlighted column C is the new column I want to create referencing the table next to it in columns G to I. Column B is 2,255 rows in my actual workflow but I have reduced it to 112 rows in the excel sheet attached.

sureslala_0-1644073714002.png

I've created the 2 data sets in Alteryx but I'm struggling to see how I can join the 2 data sets with unique columns headers to create the highlighted column using nested 'IF' statements. I've attached a copy of my Alteryx workflow which shows how I have created the data columns that represent the columns in my excel sheet.

In the attached Alteryx workflow, I have my 2 data sets. I somehow need to combine them, then create a new column against the dates in the 1st data set using 'IF' statements, hope this is clear, happy to answer any questions anyone has!  

sureslala_1-1644076299048.png

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated please!!

Thanks

Sures

3 REPLIES 3
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@sureslala 
I prepared something like this . hope it will work for you.

0206-sureslala-A.PNG0206-sureslala-B.PNG

sureslala
7 - Meteor

Wow!! thanks Qiu!

There's no way I would have cracked this problem, your solution works perfectly and I've now incorporated it into my workflow.

Thank you very much for your time!

Cheers

Sures

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@sureslala 
Glad to help and thank you for the accept mark. 😁

Labels