Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
RÉSOLU

Use dynamic header in the formula tool

Paddi
Astéroïde

Hi all,

I have just figured out how to create a dynamic header, but I need to further do some calculation. Do you have any idea about how can I use data under dynamic header for calculation?

The value of Change by product weekly should be [20221122_Grand Total]- [20221115_Grand Total], but the date in the header changes every week.

I tried to write the formula in this way: [DateTimeformat(DatetimeAdd(ToDate(DatetimeNow()),-3,"days"), '%Y%m%d')+'_'+'Grand total']-[DateTimeformat(DatetimeAdd(ToDate(DatetimeNow()),-10,"days"), '%Y%m%d')+'_'+'Grand total'], but it does not work.

Can you kindly help me with it. The situation has been attached. Thank you so much.

In excel calculation, it should be quite simple.

Paddi_0-1669358182781.png

In Alteryx, the header can be dynamic using this expression.

Paddi_1-1669358278892.png

12 RÉPONSES 12
flying008
Magnétar

Hi, @Paddi 

If you already got dynamic name of fields [2022MMdd_Grand total] , then come with the workaround of @OllieClarke .

But if you don't and have more ideas, maybe can follow me:

录制_2022_11_26_15_28_08_269.gif

Paddi
Astéroïde

hihi @binuacs  Your solution looks good but didn't actually solve my pain point in the workflow. Thank your for your help anyway~~

Paddi
Astéroïde

Hihi @OllieClarke Thanks so much for sharing, exactly what I want. Seems the dynamic tools can do a lot, learned a lot from your solution. Thank you~

Étiquettes