Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unique Value from each field with counts from CSV

Paddydd
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Friends

I've been trying to work out this problem for hours and I'm getting nowhere.

I have a CSV file with a series of columns (30+) as the field names. Each field has values in it, where it maybe duplicates or not.

Eg - This is a cut down version

Paddydd_0-1674329686342.png

For each field, I want to list all the unique values and the record counts for each one, for each field.

Basically I'm trying the get a summary of whats in each field and the counts that go with each unique record per field

This is what I'm trying to get

Paddydd_1-1674330048432.png

I'm hoping someone could help me.

Many Thanks

Paddy

3 REPLIES 3
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Paddydd I would use a Transpose tool to get all my columns headers into the Name column and all the data into the Value column when I use the Transpose tool. Then use a summarise to group the name and value columns and count the values and then I could then use a crosstab after to pivot your data. You might need to use a formula tool to rename fields and some addtional logice to get the data into your format you specify before the crosstab tool. 

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Paddydd I mocked up an approach on how to tackle this approach using the methodology I mentioned.

Unique_21012023.JPG

Paddydd
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Joseph - Thank you so much. You are a genius. Thats exactly what I wanted.

Labels