Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unify headers from an input file that have the headers in two rows

lascurainge
7 - Meteor

Hi Community,

I have some input files with the headers in different rows, you can see an example in the "InputDifferentRowHeaders" 

I want to unify them all in the same row so I can use a Dynamic Rename, and not using the Select tool to rename all this empty rows.

A friend told me this can be done with a Formula tool, but I don´t know exactly the code for this one.

You can also find attached the output "OutputDifferentRowHeaders" for the output I would be expecting.

Thanks to y´all

5 REPLIES 5
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @lascurainge, i hope this helps.

Thanks.

grazitti_sapna_0-1594283459567.png

Sapna Gupta
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Something like this?

DavidP_0-1594283892827.png

lascurainge
7 - Meteor

Thanks very much for both responses @DavidP

I´m not being able to open the sent files to check for the solution. It says i have an older version of alteryx. 

Is it possible to share the selected configurations for the:

- Transpose tool.

- Cross Tab tool.

I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again

lascurainge
7 - Meteor

lascurainge_0-1594287843786.png

This is the erroe Alteryx is showing me, i don´t know if there is a way around to open the files and see the configurations for each tool.

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @lascurainge, if you change the file extension of my attachment to zip, you can unzip the package. Then open the yxmd file in a text editor and edit the 1st line to reflect your Alteryx version. You’ll then be able to open the workflow in Alteryx. The main thing is to make sure that 1st line contains data is checked in the input data tool.

Labels