Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unable to render map in Alteryx Browser - Mapserver Error: Parsing error near (~):(line3)

shadyalassal3
5 - Atom

Hello,

I have been struggling to view maps on Alteryx. The map in the browser does not render (Error Message: "Mapserver Error: Parsing error near (~):(line3)"). I tried uninstalling and re-installing Alteryx but the same problem exists. I also followed the solutions given in the cases listed below, but the problem still exists

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/MapServer-Error-Can-t-view-spatial-obj... 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/MapServer-Error/td-p/649693 

Workflow and csv files are attached. Appreciate your help

3 REPLIES 3
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I don't have any helpful information beyond confirming that the problem is not with your workflow/data. i was able to run and visualize the results no problem on 2020.4 (the version on my readily available environment at this time). 

20220131-MapRender.PNG

Did you double-check/update the Environment Variables as suggested in the thread you linked? You can check this on your computer by going to "System Properties" > "Advanced" > "Environment Variables" and follow the instructions in that thread.

20220131-MapRender2.PNG

If you've done that and it still doesn't work, I'd suggest you reach out to suppert@alteryx.com with all this information. 

shadyalassal3
5 - Atom

Thank you Charlie for your reply. I am using version 2021.3.4.00445 (Admin Designer).

I have set the environment path "PROJ_LIB" but it did not solve the issue.

shadyalassal3
5 - Atom

I received a reply from Alteryx support that the issue could be caused by having the Windows user account with special characters/spaces.

I created a new account with a user profile name that did not include any spaces or special characters and now it has been resolved.

Labels