Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unable to open file to write with Block until done and ParallelBlock

Ankit_9811
5 - Atom

Hi All, 

I have been trying to execute the following workflow for a long time but I am not able to execute it because of the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. I have tried using block function but it's not helping me either. Can you please let me know how I can resolve this. I understand that Block until done does not work if you use Filter module, so I tried parallel block as well but it failed as well.

Ankit_9811_0-1609992031415.png

3 REPLIES 3
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hey @Ankit_9811 

It looks to me like your problem is that you have two output tools immediately connected to your input tools. THey need to be behind a block until done tool as well. 

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Ankit_9811 

You have 5 outputs but only 3 of them are connected to block until done tools. Add the block until done before the other outputs that you have directly connected to the inputs on the left side of your workflow and you should have no more errors.

Pedro.

Ankit_9811
5 - Atom

Thanks you both, this worked like charm

Labels