Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Unable to Create Backup - Block Until Done

Nerud19
6 - Meteoroid

I'm currently trying to write 4 different tabs into 1 excel workbook.  I've been using the Block Until Done tool in order to make sure the first output to excel is done before the 2nd output and etc.  However, I still continue to get the error of Unable to create backup.  I've tried to use some other recommendations such as parallel block until done but the same error appears.  This is something our organization is hoping to eventually put on the server so other people we can run this but I need to get this error resolved first.  To me, it doesn't seem like the Block Until Done tool is working properly unless I'm missing something.

Thanks,

Andy

Nerud19_0-1614369961884.png

12 REPLIES 12
Nerud19
6 - Meteoroid

I've tried to the first output for the BUD but it still didn't work.  I've tried pretty much everything.  The output are just going to my desktop and not a network drive or sharepoint.  It looks like the only way to utilize the BUD is using Charlie S's solution to use a throttle in order to make it work.  Which unfortunately just slows the workflow down a little bit.

Nerud19
6 - Meteoroid

Well if that's the only way you can successfully use the BUD's without the throttle tool, then it for sure won't work for my workflow.  Which is a little unfortunate that the BUD is not more useful, since it will start the 2nd step without the first step being totally completed.  Unfortunately, whenever I use the AMP engine for the workflow, I still get the same error.  It was also something else I tried.  Thank you for recommending that though.

Nerud19
6 - Meteoroid

This works since it does appear to be a timing issue but it does slow the workflow done

Labels