Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Typical use-cases in your field

AndresOliver
5 - Atom

Hi everyone!

I'm relatively new to Alteryx as I am learning it as part of an accounting software course at my university. So far the process had been enjoyable, although a bit abstracted. So I wanted to ask about the different ways you guys use Alteryx in your careers/disciplines. It does seem like it could simplify a lot of work but carries a greater up-front investment to automate somehting.

4 REPLIES 4
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I would look at downloading the starter kits! They have ones for Public Sector, Finance, etc. https://www.alteryx.com/starter-kit?page=1

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Hi, @AndresOliver 

Please check these out:

1. Alteryx Use Cases - Alteryx Community

2. Inspired Experiences (alteryx.com)

I hope you find it meaningful - Cheers!

tdsanalytics
7 - Meteor

Data analyst here who builds things for our accountants. Here's just one example from last week: I took 30 min to build a workflow that takes a customer file and an order file, uses a few dozen tools to clean/filter/manipulate the data into a csv template output that she can upload for tax reporting. Super simple/practical and not scheduled. I don't have to rebuild anything in the future and it saves her about 8 hours a month.

gaoa
11 - Bolide

Hi @AndresOliver all the above are great recommendations! Also check out Excellence Awards - Alteryx Community

An external resource I use for my field (corporate tax) is GTM webinars that introduce Alteryx use cases in corporate tax automation: Corporate Tax Resource Center | Global Tax Management (gtmtax.com)

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels