Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Typical use-cases in your field

AndresOliver
5 - Atom

Hi everyone!

I'm relatively new to Alteryx as I am learning it as part of an accounting software course at my university. So far the process had been enjoyable, although a bit abstracted. So I wanted to ask about the different ways you guys use Alteryx in your careers/disciplines. It does seem like it could simplify a lot of work but carries a greater up-front investment to automate somehting.

4 REPLIES 4
alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I would look at downloading the starter kits! They have ones for Public Sector, Finance, etc. https://www.alteryx.com/starter-kit?page=1

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Hi, @AndresOliver 

Please check these out:

1. Alteryx Use Cases - Alteryx Community

2. Inspired Experiences (alteryx.com)

I hope you find it meaningful - Cheers!

tdsanalytics
7 - Meteor

Data analyst here who builds things for our accountants. Here's just one example from last week: I took 30 min to build a workflow that takes a customer file and an order file, uses a few dozen tools to clean/filter/manipulate the data into a csv template output that she can upload for tax reporting. Super simple/practical and not scheduled. I don't have to rebuild anything in the future and it saves her about 8 hours a month.

gaoa
11 - Bolide

Hi @AndresOliver all the above are great recommendations! Also check out Excellence Awards - Alteryx Community

An external resource I use for my field (corporate tax) is GTM webinars that introduce Alteryx use cases in corporate tax automation: Corporate Tax Resource Center | Global Tax Management (gtmtax.com)

Labels