Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Trigger email with same filename

praneshsapmm
8 - Asteroid

Hello ,

I have this requirement to send emails . 

Workflow1 Create files with with customer email id as filename .

smiit@xxx.com

karey@yyy.com

Workflow 2 : Need to pick up the above file based on customer name and trigger email to the customer . But while attaching the file to the email , the file need to be same for all customers like reminder.xlsx . How can i do this . 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

Hello @praneshsapmm 

One way I would recommend solving for this is by generating a temp file within Alteryx (using a render tool) and attaching that file to the email you are looking to send.

See how you would configure the render / email tools below (you would just be creating .xlsx files instead of PDF):

gautiergodard_0-1667835718501.png

gautiergodard_1-1667835795664.png

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @praneshsapmm 

I believe this workflow can solve your problem.

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1667863249000.png

1) I am using python to create a folder with the email name (adapted from here: Create directory if not exists and save the ouput - Alteryx Community)

Felipe_Ribeir0_1-1667863297579.png

2)I am saving each Reminder.xlsx inside his own folder

Felipe_Ribeir0_2-1667863382254.png

3)Now that i have the individual filepaths and they are different but with the same filename, i can send the email.

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @praneshsapmm 

It worked?

Labels