Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Transposing Question - Multiple Columns into Same Column

TKrueger
6 - Meteoroid

I am fairly new to Alteryx and currently trying to design an output that contains a stat column, tax column and difference column for various attributes (BOY inventory, acquisition cost, amortization, etc). Please see Example Workbook attached for my desired output. My source data is in a format where each asset has it's own row but there are multiple stat and tax columns (BOY stat inventory, BOY tax inventory, BOY difference, etc) Please see Example Source Data attached for an example of my input data. 

I am having a hard time manipulating the data from my source data into my desired output format. The difficult part for me is figuring out how to pull multiple tax fields/columns (tax BOY inventory, tax acquisition cost, tax amortization) into different rows within one single tax column like desired. I want to somehow pull a value from a specific column in my source data into a specific cell in my desired output. I should note I would need the sum of each column into the spec Please see Example Workbook excel file attached to see example of what field from the input is needed for a specific cell in the output. 

This is confusing to explain, so if anyone has any ideas but needs more clarity, please let me know. 

Thank you all in advance for any help or guidance! 

Tony 

1 REPLY 1
cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

This isn't perfect, but should show you an approach that works 🙂 

cmcclellan_0-1630373500397.png

Labels