Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
解決済み

Transpose tool issue with selecting key Columns

Rahul_Analyst
コメット

Hi,

I have prepared a workflow to clean data present in an excel file in different sheets. I am facing issue with transpose tool. I want to select 1st three columns as key columns in transpose tool (used in my workflow). However, I do not know why every time, I run this workflow or I used it for my 2nd sheet, chosen 3 columns in transpose tool gets de-selected and again, I have to choose it. 

I want to know the reason why it is happening with my workflow. And, how can I fix 1st three columns as key fields in transpose tool, so whenever I run it for present sheets in the workflow (sheet1 or sheet2), my 3 columns do not get transposed. 

Please help me with this!

Thanks!

18件の返信18
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

-

Rahul_Analyst
コメット

@atcodedog05 ,

Applying your idea, transpose tool is now retaining and keeping 1st three columns as key columns. Great! 

Can you help me change regex match formula expression in my workflow so in Name columns, the value will be copied down where ever it is containing value (feild_digit_anything) ?

Rahul_Analyst
コメット

@Emil_Kos , it did not give me the desired output. However, it gave me a new way to trick Alteryx for getting my desired outcome. Once again, thanks for your time and effort!

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Rahul_Analyst 

Use formula like this

atcodedog05_0-1645783650736.png

Hope this helps : )

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @Rahul_Analyst 

Cheers and have a nice day!

Rahul_Analyst
コメット

@atcodedog05 

Wow!

It gave me the same output what I wanted. Love you so much!

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help 🙂 @Rahul_Analyst 

Cheers and have a nice day!

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Rahul_Analyst ,

my approach would be:

2022-02-25_16-21-46.jpg

I split input data in header and data rows, r´transpose both and use a Find Replace tool to set the field names.

Let me know if it works for you.

Best,

Roland

Rahul_Analyst
コメット

@RolandSchubert ,

Absolutely amazing work!

Without using dynamic rename, you could bring the same output. 

Thanks for the solution!

Regards,

Rahul

ラベル