Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Transpose columns with null values

sagar_agarwal
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I wish to transpose my data (as shown in "Current State") into both the Desired State options. I was able to do it using a combination of filter, unique, cross tab & select tool - but I believe it not an efficient way to do it.

Transpose.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Interested to see what others come up with in regards to this but I've attached the way I would do this (but again I don't think its as efficient as it can be, in fact it's just a bit different to your own).

Ben

DataBlender
11 - Bolide

Hi @sagar_agarwal

I think you will just need a transpose, filter and cross tab to achieve your two desired states (attached).

With more than one record you'd have to introduce a field which you can use to group by (also attached)

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
How about using a single summarize tool?

GroupBy = Key
Max(Name)
Max(Age)
Max(City)
Max(State)
Max(Country)

You can join this back to the rest of your data.

Cheers,
Mark
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
sagar_agarwal
8 - Asteroid

This was an amazingly simple solution (I wonder why I couldn't think this through). This worked perfectly fine for me. Thanks :)

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
Are you suggesting that I'm inherently simple? I look for the easy way out; that's for sure.
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels