Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Total SUM on one distinct column.

JPAEP
7 - Meteor

I've looked on how to solve this with the summarize tool, but I cannot get the desired response. I need to have the sum of the total cost column below in a new column in one instance of the v_Root_WO. Then I will roll that back into a Find and Replace using the v_Root_WO to show up with one instance of the sum of Total Cost

JPAEP_0-1653058653411.png

Any help is appreciated!

9 REPLIES 9
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @JPAEP,

Does something like this work?

IraWatt_0-1653059038343.png

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@JPAEP something like this?

binuacs_0-1653059234133.png

JPAEP
7 - Meteor

I've tried the union, I cannot get that work either. It keeps showing up Null in each case when I need the v_Root_WO to have the sum of the Total Cost in one Column. I know a Pivot in Excel can do what I need but was trying to bypass that step.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@JPAEP Can you provide some sample data and expected output

JPAEP
7 - Meteor

Here is the data set in Excel. In a perfect world I would want the Sum of Total Cost in a new Column like this based on one instance of the v_root_WO

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This works @JPAEP 

IraWatt_0-1653060593934.png

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@JPAEP This solution will work if you have multiple instances of v_root_WO:

IraWatt_0-1653060808203.png

JPAEP
7 - Meteor

Thank you so much! Now I just need to bring it back it to merge with another set.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Great to hear @JPAEP ! if any issues make sure to ask :)

Labels