Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Take the columns order as input stream (Table Tool)

Dina
9 - Comet

I have a data set that needs to be processed on a monthly basis. 

The input stream prior to Table Tool looks like this when I created the whole workflow

Jan 2023Feb 2023File NameMoMFeb RateQ1 Sum

In the Table Tool, I created a column rule for column "MoM". 

The expected result for next month should be this, and I already forced the input stream this way for the Table Tool

Jan 2023Feb 2023Mar 2023File NameMoMMar RateQ1 Sum

However, the output from the Table Tool looks like this. 

Jan 2023Feb 2023File NameMoMQ1 SumMar 2023Mar Rate

Excepting manually updating the Table Tool, is there a way to set the output as I expected for March 2023?

6 REPLIES 6
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Dina This can be achieved by a standard macro. There is a solution given by @patrick_digan in the below post that will solve your issue

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Basic-Table-Tool-Changing-the-order-of...

Dina
9 - Comet

@binuacs, thank you for your reply. That is a good solution, however, in my case, I built a rule for the MoM column, which means I have to leave one column in the Macro. With that column in, I order will be messed up.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Dina Can you write your MoM rule once the output is generated from the macro? I mean add another table tool and define your rule there?

binuacs_0-1679410845034.png

Dina
9 - Comet

Yes, I could add another table after the macro. However, the MoM column wouldn't show up in the middle. I think I can put it either in the very front or the end. Unfortunately, I couldn't change the header order, it has to report this way.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Dina My understanding is that the MoM column is already present in the table and you are only defining the rule, is that correct? in that case, I m wondering how it would affect the field order. because you are not changing the field order only defining the rule in the new table. 

Dina
9 - Comet

Probably it is not a perfect solution. I am able to separate the whole table into three pieces and go through the macro separately, then bring them together. 

Labels