Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Table Format Error and Adjustment

SH_94
Bólide

Hi Community

I would like to seek the help on the table formatting error in Alteryx as per the screenshot below. From the screenshot below, there is triangle at the top left of the cell and if i use the formula sum in the excel to calculate the number , it cannot be captured .

May i know if anyone know how to fix this in the Alteryx as i have multiple of rows but only this number have the issue. Is it because of the longer value? As you can see, the screenshot labeled number 2 have no error but screenshot labeled number 1 have this error.

Jacob_66_2-1616736042809.png

Secondly, i would like to ask if we able to adjust the alignment to the left as i not sure why the alignment all to the right.

Jacob_66_3-1616736187769.png

Lastly, is it possible that we add extra empty row and empty column as per the screenshot below?

Jacob_66_4-1616736405985.png

I have also attached the sample workflow for your easier reference.

2 RESPOSTAS 2
AdamR_AYX
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @SH_94 

I am unsure about your first question. Your attached workflows don't seem to have any data in so I can't run them. Are you able to create a smaller workflow that shows the problem that you can share?

I think the alignment you can just set in your table tool

AdamR_0-1616754668653.png

Then for your third question it is possible but a little tricky. I've attached a sample workflow showing the technique

AdamR_1-1616754778572.png

But the basic idea is to create some padding with a text tool and attach it to the left and above your table.

Adam Riley
https://www.linkedin.com/in/adriley/
SH_94
Bólide

Hi @AdamR_AYX ,

Thank you for the help on the workflow.

I had tried to use the simple workflow to run the result and it is fine. I think it is because i use too many tools and complex workflow which cause the error. I would need to recheck all the tools that i used.

Secondly, i noted that we can't edit the table setting as it is grey background as per screenshot below. May i know how can we edit the table setting by enable it?

Jacob_66_1-1616766339786.png

Thirdly, i try to analysis your workflow but have no clue what it want to do at certain stage. Could you please explain the purpose or the function on the three tools being used in this case?

Jacob_66_0-1616766320830.png

Rótulos